Welcome to a small section of French territory. St Barts retains the status and specific institutions of an overseas collectivity (COM) but is mainly ruled under French law. Thus to visit St Barts you must bring valid documents authorizing you to enter the territory of the Overseas collectivity of France.
• At the time of entry, European travelers must be in possession of an identity card or a valid passport.
• US and Canadian citizens’ passports must be valid for at least 3 months.
• A return or onward ticket is also essential.
• For certain nationalities, a visa must be obtained from the French embassies in the originating country. The following must be included:
- Validity: Departement d'outre-mer (France)
- Type of visa: C
- Number of entries: MULTIPLE